Jetspeed has support for the following features:
- JSR-168 Support of Java Portlet API specification (Fusion)
- Template-based layouts including JSP and Velocity
- Supports remote XML content feeds via Open Content Syndication
- Custom default home page configuration
- Database user authentication
- In-memory cache for quick page rendering
Rich Site Summary
support for syndicated content
- Integration with Cocoon, WebMacro and Velocity so that you can develop with the newest XML/XSL
- Wireless Markup Language (WML) support
- XML based configuration registry of portlets
- Full Web Application Archive (WAR) support
- Web Application development infrastructure
- Local caching of remote content
- Synchronization with Avantgo
- Fully portable across all platforms that support JDK 1.2 and Servlet 2.2
- Integrated with Turbine modules and services
- Profiler Service to access portal pages based on user, security (groups, roles, acls), media types, and language
- Persistence Service available to all portlets to easily store state per user, page and portlet
- Skins so that users can choose colors and display attributes
- Customizer for selecting portlets and defining layouts for individual pages
- PSML can be stored in a Database.
- User, group, role and permission administration via Jetspeed security portlets.
- Role-based security access to portlets.
- Jetspeed Cluster and Messaging (JMS Support): for running Jetspeed as a clustered portal.
- Generic View Processors to render content uniformly in your Java code to JSP, XSLT, or Velocity.